We recognise that your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting the Information that we collect from you.
1 Application of this Policy
This policy explains how Astra Apartments:
- manages the Information that we collect;
- how to contact us if you have any complaints or queries about our management of your Information
- how we use and disclose it; and
- how to seek access to and correction of the Information we hold about you;
This policy applies to the services provided by Astra Apartments (both online, including via our website at www.astraapartments.com.au (“Website”) and offline). This policy is intended to apply generally in respect of the information collected and handled by each entity within the Astra Apartments group, which includes Astra Apartments and all Astra Apartments franchisees.
Astra Apartments is subject to Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act in relation to their handling of personal information. Astra Apartments also complies with the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union.
2. Contact details
If you have any concerns in relation to the handling of your Information or wish to make a complaint, please direct these in writing to the Privacy Officer, details are below. We will respond to you within a reasonable time, typically within14 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
PO Box 321
Mosman NSW 2088
1300 797 321
More information about Privacy Act and the APPs is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au/
3. Information we collect
When you purchase accommodation services from us, we collect information to help us fulfill your request/booking. This information may include:
- guest name (first and last name);
- credit card information,
- email address;
- telephone number; and
- home address.
If you use a corporate account, your employer details, company contact name and corporate account details may be collected.
4. Collection of your Information
We collect information from a number of channels through which you may interact with us, including but not limited to, when you:
use our services or make bookings with or stay at Astra Apartments;
- enter one of our competitions or use one of our promotions;
- agree to receiving our newsletter;
- contact us using mobile applications SMS, Instant Messaging;
- submit Website based enquiry/booking;
- sign-up or register an account with Astra Apartments through any of the collection channels; and
- contact us or submit an enquiry by email (including through our Website) or by telephone.
As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. These third parties may include, but are not limited to, your employer, legal representatives, travel agents or online booking channel.
5. Cookies and weblinks
We use Google Analytics to gather statistics about how our Website content is used. This tracking information allows us to better understand the needs of our site visitors and what content they expect and view. This allows us to make better decisions about our Website and content. We use statistics about our visitors such as the browser type, geographic locations and referring sites. No personally identifying information is collected.
6. Use of your Information
We may use your Information for any of the following primary purposes:
- for the purpose of which it was collected from you at the time you gave us the particular information;
- to provide and administer our services and manage customer accounts (individual and corporate);
- to train our staff and testing our systems;
- to distribute our newsletters, brochures and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party services providers;
- for customer support, including for providing assistance in resolving complaints or responding to other enquiries or requests;
to conduct marketing activities for our services, and to conduct market and other research to improve our services and marketing activities; and
- to maintain internal business records and to comply with our legal obligations.
Direct marketing and opting out
With your consent (which may be inferred or express) we will use your Information to communicate with you by mail, telephone, email or SMS for direct marketing purposes in order to tell you about:
- our products and services;
- promotion and offers and
- events that we think may be of interest to you.
You may at any time opt out of receiving any direct marketing from us by emailing the Privacy Officer (refer section 2 above) or by choosing ‘unsubscribe’ from our electronic communications.
7. Disclosure of Information
For the purposes described above, we may disclose your Information to:
- our service providers, contractors, agents, other business partners within Astra Apartments and other entities who assist us in providing our services to you;
- members of Astra Apartments as necessary and appropriate for the services that you have requested;
- other service providers, who provide the various services that you have request and we have arranged;
- third parties who provide us with marketing service and conduct market research and analysis on our behalf;
- our related bodies corporate;
- our professional advisers;
- an entity including government agency to whom we are required by law to disclose your information;
to third parties as required to provide our services or to meet the purposes for which the Information was collected; and
- to third parties you otherwise authorise us to.
9. Accessing and/or changing your Information
We ensure that the Information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. You can access and seek correction of the Information that we hold about you at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer (refer to section 2).
We will provide access to the Information we hold about you unless there is an exemption which applies under the APPs, within a reasonable time following receipt of a request for access.
If requested, all reasonable steps to delete/erase (right to be forgotten) your Information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons.
10. Security of your Information
We hold your Information in electronic files which are be located in secure servers at the offices of Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd (parent entity is Newbook, the provider of our Property Management System). The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
We take reasonable steps to keep secure your Information held by us from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We have taken measures to help secure any information you submit via our Website.
While we will take all reasonable steps to protect the transmission, no data transmission over the internet is guaranteed to be totally secure. As such we make no warranty about the security, accuracy or privacy of Information submitted via the Website.