Staying with Astra Apartments during COVID-19
Astra Apartments takes the current situation with COVID-19 very seriously. The COVID-19 pandemic is evolving on a daily basis and we are faced with unprecedented circumstances. However, the safety and well-being of our guests has always been and continues to be our highest priority.
Astra Apartments’ unique business model means that guests have a home like environment that is distanced from the high-volume, transient population found in a hotel or serviced apartment. All Astra Apartments are in residential buildings with no reception, restaurants, bars, or common lounge areas further reducing the risk of exposure.
We have, however, put additional measures in place to help combat the spread of infection.
- We offer arriving international guests the opportunity to have a car meet them at the airport and transport them to the Astra Apartment. There is a small cost charged for this service.
- We recommend that all arriving guests bring with them a face mask, plastic gloves and hand sanitiser.
- An Astra employee following the Australian Government at WHO guidelines on social distancing will meet the guest at the front door of the building and immediately take them up to their apartment. We have ceased shaking hands with guests, instead offering a friendly wave, and maintain a respectful 1.5m distance between ourselves and our guests
- All guests are provided with details of the nearest medical facility and/or hospital should they start to feel unwell. We also provide the guests with a 24-hour emergency telephone number.
- All apartments cleaned thoroughly with commercial-grade disinfectant and all cutlery and crockery rewashed (dishwasher) between stays.
- Astra’s normal cleaning and linen change cycle is weekly only.
- As a precautionary measure to protect our cleaning staff and guests, we have suspended the weekly clean for the first two weeks of the stay of anyone arriving from overseas or self-isolating. The guests will be supplied with additional linen upon arrival if they require a change of sheets. Presuming no cases of the virus are identified the cleaning will resume after two weeks.
- For guests staying less than 2 weeks, additional measures will be taken at the exit clean. All linen is professionally laundered.
- Cleaning may be suspended by the guest upon request.
- Astra Apartments does not have any on-site restaurants, cafes or bars
- Astra Apartments does not offer room services. Each apartment has its own cooking facilities and the guests are able to cook their own meals.
- Most on-site gymnasiums have been closed by order of the State Government. For any on-site gymnasiums not closed, guests are advised to wipe down the equipment before and after use with sanitiser. At the end of their work-out, they are also advised to thoroughly wash their hands.
Should the guest feel unwell we recommend that they call the Coronavirus Health Information Line 1800 020 080 prior to attending a medical facility.
As always, we set out to provide corporate apartment accommodation and personalised customer service that is second to none. We hope to welcome you soon to Astra Apartments.